Can anyone tell me what happened to our children. Why do they insist on killing themselves? Oh, I know, they are just experimenting, right? Well, today the kids drug of choice seems to be one of the dirtiest and nastiest ones of all~~HEROIN. I am mortified that people believe that it is ok to sell to our kids and adults for that matter.
I remember when I was growing up the drug that everyone seem to be into was CRANK. Which basically is speed or meth. I remember seeing friends and family getting so strung out that they wouldn’t sleep or eat for days. Yuck! I for one am happy that I never got into any of them.
I am worried about these young ones, that they think it won’t hurt them. How do we make them understand that these drugs will eventually kill them or make them without a family? Tough love is what I have always heard, but when I here tough love from people I hear how tough it will be on me as the parent.
Oh but wait, in this day we have another problem that almost seems just as bad if not worse~PRESCRIPTION drugs. Drug addiction can cause serious, long-term consequences, including problems with physical and mental health, relationships, employment and the law.
Most drug addictions start with casual or social use of a drug.
Recognizing drug abuse in teenagers~
- Problems at school. Frequently missing classes or missing school, a sudden disinterest in school or school activities, or a drop in grades may be indicators of drug use.
- Physical health issues. Lack of energy and motivation may indicate your child is using certain drugs.
- Neglected appearance. Teenagers are generally concerned about how they look. A lack of interest in clothing, grooming or looks may be a warning sign of drug use.
- Changes in behavior. Teenagers enjoy privacy, but exaggerated efforts to bar family members from entering their rooms or knowing where they go with their friends might indicate drug use. Also, drastic changes in behavior and in relationships with family and friends may be linked to drug use.
- Spending money. Sudden requests for money without a reasonable explanation for its use may be a sign of drug use. You may also discover money stolen from previously safe places at home. Items may disappear from your home because they’re being sold to support a drug habit.
These are just a few of the things I found online. I read and learn more everyday so that I recognize and all parents should. Here is the link for an article http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-addiction/DS00183
Thank you for reading this blog and there will be more later.